Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Nexla is looking for talented, passionate, experienced, and entrepreneurial engineers in big data. You will be responsible for the design, development, and operation of a multi-terabyte data processing framework in an agile environment using Kafka/Hadoop/Java. This role requires the candidate to possess, or have a willingness to acquire, skills in large-volume data analysis with Hadoop/NoSQL technologies.
- 5+ years of overall software development experience with a minimum of 3 years of core java backend technologies.
- A strong understanding of algorithms and data structures, and their performance characteristics
- Proficiency in working and developing on Linux
- Experience supporting operations teams with deployments and debugging production issues.
- Experience responding to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues and ad-hoc questions
- Great interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to create technical specifications, debate technical tradeoffs, and explain technical concepts to business users
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
Background and Skills
- 2+years of experience working with Hadoop/Kafka/Hbase/MapReduce with Java.
- Experience in building stream processing systems with Spark, Storm or any other streaming technology.
- Experience in building back-end systems for an Internet startup ad technology company
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web services, Google Compute Engine
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
Please note that we are only able to consider candidates who have a US work permit (Citizen, Green card, EAD, H1B etc.) and can work in the San Francisco Bay Area.